Like a big ToDo-list, sorted by personal preference.
Upload the documentation done with Doxygen.
- Batch testing Thumbnail Extractors.
the result to a usable .html file, that looks like the one on the
- Test the functionality of the register
Is everything needed written on install, and removed on uninstall,
- Proper use of .dll/.lib.
- Check if the Win32 API function
RegFlushKey() usage can be minimized.
- RegistryProxy can be entirely removed.
- RegOps could be replaced by the ATL
although RegOps holds a lot of inhouse error reporting functions. Maybe
wrap CRegKey instead of using the ugly Win32 API functions for
- Rename and extend to export the thumbnail generating functions? Working as a wrapper other apps can connect to?
Proper error, warning and message reporting
- A class (Singleton? yuck, but... at
least Monostate) for handling messages.
- A flag in the registry should be used
to turn on/off message reporting.
- Messages should still be passed to
OutputDebugString() since this has proven to work very well.
Implement new extractors
- I've found some image libraries: CImg, Corona, CxImage, Paintlib, Titan, Free Image, ImageMagick
- Not sure if these libraries work indepedently: XnView GFL SDK, SDL_image, GIMP
Thumbnail Library (make a dedicated ThumbView for gimp? GimpView? hmm)
- Small list of libraries: here
- Will this force me to use another form
installation method, if they require loose .dll's as DevIL does? If I
continue to use the .tvx extension (but as a renamed .zip instead of
renamed .dll) then remember that it has to work both in C++ and C#.
- Upper limit for generating thumbnails (insanely huge files crashes ThumbView)
- Enhance Windows own image info columns
- Does that enhance the properties page?
- Rip out the infotip text, so it can be translated to other languages.
"The best of worlds"
Each filetype is associated with the Thumbnail Extractor that works best
(correct result, nicest thumbnails, fastest) for that file type
- Staticaly compiled into ThumbView
Lite? Or as it is now, DevIL are .dll's.
- Don't forget, BeerMap has alha grids
for alpha. Veeery nice touch.
- How do I benchmark which is fastest?
Update the Postmortem
Yeah, what did I learn this time?
- Extend the properties thing with a ThumbView tab, shows
detailed info and a 200x200 image. What more?
- New feature: thumbnailed icons.
- Update ExtractorManager.
- Make a full usability test on it and
- A wxWidgets GUI for the non .NET users, or use Nullsoft Installer?
- "PreView" (cute name). Replace "MS Fax and Image Viewer".
- Update the Postmortem.